Pages

Labels

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Math Problems

School is well on its way, and so I thought it fitting to dredge up this poem from the past. I dedicate it to anyone who has ever struggled with a math problem.

Math Problems
By Melody Beerbower, 4-30-14

A thousand numbers scrawled on the page.
A thousand lines scribbled in rage.
I floundered and figured,
Struggled and scratched,
Differed and divvied,
Minused and matched.
I added and altered,
Combined and collected,
Rounded and reasoned,
Subtract and subjected.
Finally I rested, resigned, and reflected,
Trying to reach the answer expected.
And still it simply wouldn’t come,
And that’s when I decided that math was dumb.


P.S. I don't actually think math is dumb. There are just times that it makes one feel better to lay the blame on the math, even though we know it is never wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!