Pages

Labels

Friday, December 16, 2011

Posting with a Purpose

   Hello! My name is Melody Beerbower.  Of course if you are reading this you probably already know that.  You also probably know that I like to sing.  If you don't you have not spent much more than an hour with me. :) (You can be glad this is a blog and you do not have to hear any of my off-tune singing.)   Besides singing, I like to write: stories to poems and anything in between. (Except book reports. Bor-ring!) I enjoy writing different lyrics to songs, and, occasionally, writing one of my own- tune and all.
  There are two drawbacks to my writing:
1. I am an atrocious speller
2. I have terrible handwriting
   (You don't have to worry about that, considering this is a computer and I'm typing.)
   Nevertheless they can be worked on, and I am improving in both. (If only slightly.)
   And after proofreading this I have realized that my grammar could use some work too.
  
   The reason I started this blog is to "publish" some of my poems and songs I think -and hope- people will enjoy. (If you don't you can always -not- read it) Poems will not be the only things posted; I may post things that are happening in my life.  We'll see.
  
  I should post a poem to start with a bang...


Welcome to My Blog
By Melody Beerbower


Welcome, welcome to my blog
Where we learn to share
Not to hog.
I'll share many poems
A picture or two
Criticisms are welcome
(And compliments too.)




   Well, that's all for my first post. I hope you enjoyed and were not scared off by my first lousy poem.
   First lousy poem as in: It's my first poem posted and it is rather lousy.
Not: It's the first of many lousy poems : )
Although, on second thought, that might be true as well...
                              You'll have to judge for yourself.
  ~Melody

2 comments:

  1. Also, certainly NOT: the first lousy poem you've written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it is not. I've written many lousy poems before this time, such as:

    Once above the eye of a cow
    There was an eyebrow
    And if its not gone
    It's still there now.

    However I am planning on publishing only my very best poems.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!