Pages

Labels

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A song for Abby's Birthday

This is a song I wrote in honor of Abby's birthday. It's not the best, but at least I'm not writing about your nose like did for your brother's song.

All that to say, Happy Birthday Abby, and here's your song--my first, and probably not last, Veggietale parody.




A Song for Abby's Birthday
By Melody Beerbower, Oct. 10, 2013

A girl was born not so long ago, her memory's quite dear
She had a birthday (Please shout hurray!) like most people do each year.
And people wished her Birthday Cheer, All Happiness-- the lot
They told her on the day (in a special way)
But somehow I forgot
So-oooooo...

I wrote this song for you for birthday
It's a little sappy and several days past due.
But if I sing this song for your birthday,
It's sure to make all your dreams come true.
Yodel-leh-hee yodel-leh-hee yodel-leh-hoo
Yodel-leh-hee yodel-lee-eee-ooo
Yodel-leh-hee yodel-leh-hee yodel-leh-hoo
Yada-yada yada-yada yad-eee-ooo

(In case you were wondering, I did not put as many verses in as there are in the original song. My inspiration ran out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!