Pages

Labels

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Friday, March 1, 2013

As a slight change from my poem-a-day posts, I am posting this song I wrote about a friend's accident last night. If I had the pictures I would post them too, but a a I don't, so I won't.

The tune is from a Frankie Valley song, December 1963 (Oh, what a night)
Watch the video bellow to hear the song.  The words aren't the greatest, but the tune is cool.



These are my lyrics:

March 1, 2013
By Melody Beerbower, Dedicated to Parker who received his first nosebleed after falling while sliding across a patch of ice.

Oh what a night,
Late one Friday after the study,
What a sight it turned out to be
As I remember, what a night.

Oh what a night,
You know it started as just a game,
But he was never gonna be the same.
What a mem'ry, what a night.

Oh I got a funny feeling when he slid 'cross the ice.
Thought I, as I was watching, "That can't feel to nice."

Oh what a night,
Blood was gushin', rushin' from his nose,
As he tried to keep it off his clothes.
Pinch it tightly, what a night.

Saw him go white like a snowman in December
Hurried him in the house, to his nose applying pressure.
Oh what a night

Oh I got a funny feeling when he slid 'cross the ice,
Good thing, we had Daniel with his expert advice.

Oh what a night,
Why'd it take so long to stem the flow?
See that mound of tissues grow and grow.
What a nose bleed, what a night.

We saw it drip like a glowing little ember.
Next time he slides on ice, I bet he will remember.
Oh what a night!


Fortunately, Parker and his sisters made it back home safely, and his nose is up and running once more.


1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think!