Pages

Labels

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Okay, so it's basically a month since my last poem-a-day post.  I have written a poem a day every day since then except three or four. However, most of them were cheating poems about how I didn't want to write on but must. Very few of them ever should see the light of day. I do not think they would be enjoyable to read or even amusing. Therefore I shall not post them.  

(If you reallllllly want to read them, you will have to ask me, and I may be able to track them all down...but I doubt it.)

I shall stick with posting only my favorites...which aren't that many.

Hello! 
By Melody Beerbower, February 28 

Hello,
Mellow
Fellow
Bellowing
On
A
Yellow
Cello. 



Pink Kangaroo
By Melody Beerbower, March 5, 2013

Once I thought I saw
A pink kangaroo dancing in my hall,
But now I come to think of it
That Kangaroo wasn't pink a bit!



The Climb
By Melody Beerbower, March 7, 2013

I clattered along a cobblestone walk
On a clear and cloudless day.
Clip, clop
   Clip,clop
      Clip, clop
         Clip, clop
Echoed my Clydesdale's steps along the way.

I was clad in a cloak of costly cloth
Weaved of scarlet and grey.
It clapped in the wind
As I clumped along,
Wending my winding way.

And lo! I caught on the breath of a breeze
A clicking sound, low but clear
Click, clack
   Click, clack
      Click, clack
         Click, clack
Twas the clumsy clown with the severed ear!

His clumsy feet were clad in shoes of steel,
Whence came the echoing sound
Which cluttered the air
And clung to the cliffs
As they 'cumferenced me 'round.

With coaxing and clouts I urged my Clydesdale,
"Onward!" But he would not heed.
Clip, clop
   Clip,clop
      Clip, clop
         Clip, clop
  He cluelessly clumped with unvaried speed.



And that's all I wrote.  Someday when I have time, I will finish it.

I never knew that writing a story was so much work, but right now most of my spare time is devoted to The Gossiping Wind.  Perhaps it is not a good excuse for not writing poems, but it is my excuse nonetheless.  I am not going to give up writing poems all together; I shall still dash some off now and again when inspiration strikes.  However, I am not going to continue writing one everyday.  I don't have that many ideas and only come up with hastily written drivel.

I need to read up on how to write poems. Like real poems. Not just rhymes. I need to work on rhythm and meter and all that fun stuff. I think that will be my project this summer. If I don't decide to write another book...

Have I mentioned that I have to do school? And I graduate next year. Yikes!

I'm not complaining. I'm just stating facts and giving excuses for not completing my year's worth of poems. I think a poem a week is a more feasible goal...





1 comment:

  1. I really liked the climb. I look forward to you finishing it sometime.

    Mercy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!