Pages

Labels

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Another Song on Weeding

Since we are well on our way into planting season, and those pesky weeds keep showing their faces, I decided today would be a good day to post my other song about wedding. (You can find my first one here) My sister helped me with this one many years ago as we toiled in the hot sun. Now you may pass those many wearisome hours joyfully, as we did, by singing this song. It is a parody of "Stars" from Les Miserables. Enjoy!





Weeds
By Melody Beerbower, spring 2010
To the tune of: Stars, from Les Miserables 

There, out in the garden
All our plants dying,
Choked by the grass
Choked by the weeds.
With all these weeds
Our plants never shall yield
Enough for our needs,
Enough for our needs.
They grow up in the dark
And we must pull them all out.
They grow up so fast there is no time for sitting about.
If we pull with all of our strength 
We just might pull them out!

Weeds,
In your multitudes 
Scarce to be counted,
Filling the garden,
Growing at will.
You’re the executioners,
Silent and sure
Always ready to kill
Always ready to kill.
We pull you out of the yard.
We pull you in the sun and the rain,
But each in your season
Returns and returns,
And is always a pain.
And if we pull with all of our strength
We pull in vain!
And so it must be!
And so it remains
Till we go to the doorway of paradise 
Those who garden 
And those who sow,
Must pay the price.

Still, I will fight them 
So, I may see them 
Dead in a heap!
I will never rest 
Till then, this I swear
This I swear by— by the Weeds!


Happy gardening to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!