Pages

Labels

Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Person Who's Two

This poem is one I wrote awhile ago. No one specific in mind, just from my experience with younger siblings. I'm sure some of you can relate. 


The Person Who's Two
By Melody Beerbower, 3-18-14

Shreds of notebook paper
Lying on the floor.
No one knows exactly
What they're lying there for.

We walked in one day, 
And there they were 
Shredded in a massive white pile
Like papery fur. 

Mom blames the dog 
For he likes to chew,
But I think the blames lies
With the person who's two.

Some one ate all the chocolate 
In my parent's secret stash-- 
The one in their bedroom
Behind the big jar of cash. 

They think in was me,
But I gave them a clue:
Just look at the face 
Of the person who's two.

One day on the ground 
We discovered mom's phone
(that indestructible kind)
Smashed by a stone.

Mom was furious
For it was brand new,
But it couldn't resist 
The person who's two.

Dad bought a lawnmower.
It was supposed to last for ten years,
But somehow someone 
Messed up the gears. 

My dad is quite angry.
He's ready to sue,
But all the fault lies
With the person who's two. 

My room once was clean.
Now it's a mess.
All of my stuff 
Is thrown out of my desk. 

Mom says I'm sloppy.
If only she knew
It's simply because of
That person who's two.

Milk on the floor. 
And crayon on the wall.
Mysterious mud puddles 
On the floor in the hall.

No one seems to know the culprit,  
But I think I do.
It's that mischievous imp. 
The persons who's two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!