Pages

Labels

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Here is a Mother's Day poem I wrote. Maybe when I am famous they will print this on Hallmark cards. Or maybe they'll print this on Hallmark cards, and I'll become famous.


If Today Weren’t Today
By Melody Beerbower, May 12, 2012 

If today were Grandparent’s Day,
I’d give this to my Grandmother.
If today were Brother’s Day,
I’d give this to my brothers.
If today were Father’s Day,
I’d give this to my father.
If today were St. Patrick’s Day,
I probably wouldn’t bother.
If today were Veterans’ Day,
I’d give this to a veteran.
If today were Martin Luther King Jr. Day,
I’d think about giving this to him.
If today were President’s Day.
I’d give this to the president.
If today were Independence Day,
I’d give this to an Independent.
If this were April Fools Day,
I’d give this to a fool.
If this were a School day,
I’d give this to a school.
If today were Teacher’s Day,
I’d give this to a teacher.
If today were National Pastor Appreciation Day,
I’d give it to a preacher.
If today were Flag Day,
I’d give it to a flag.
If today were Bag Day,
I’d give it to a bag.
If today were Kangaroo Day,
I’d give this to a Kangaroo…
But today is Mother’s Day,
So I’m giving this to YOU!
(If today were any day but this,
Think of what you’d have missed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!