Pages

Labels

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Holey Jeans


Holey Jeans
By Melody Beerbower, May 15, 2012

I saw a pair of blue jeans
Hanging in the store.
They looked like a pair of mine I have at home,
Crumpled on the floor.
They had a stain beneath the pocket
And holes cut in the knees,
With frayed threads hanging loose,
As pretty as you please.

Confused, I flipped through the other pairs
Hanging on the rack.
Each had an identical stain,
And another on the back.

No fear of spilling coffee,
No fear of dropping bleach,
For the jeans already had,
Those stains assigned to each.
You don't even have to worry
About leaving them crumpled in a ball,
For they come pre-wrinkled.
Yep- identical wrinkles one and all.

I guess I no longer have to be ashamed
Of my pair on the floor at home,
Since dirt and holes are now in style
And that's how people roam.
I earned  my stains and holes
From hard work and play,
But I guess I could have saved the trouble
Now that they're selling them that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!