Pages

Labels

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 17, Poem #9 Dust Bowl of the 1930's

Sorry, I haven't been posting my poems recently. I have, however, been writing them.

The Dust Bowl of the 1930's
By Melody Beerbower

It was 1931;
The dust bowl had just begun.
By plowing up miles 
Of soil for planting,
No one knew just what they'd done.

Wheat was a profitable crop,
So the ground they started to chop,
Plowing up thousands
Of miles and more.
They saw no reason to stop.

But then the unexpected drought came.
It was one of record fame.
The rich crops all died.
The ground was parched,
From the long absence of rain.  



I haven't finished this poem, partly because I haven't finished my research on the Dust Bowl, partly because it's rather boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!