Pages

Labels

Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Poem a day Keeps the Boredom at Bay

Several of my friends-- well, my sister and two of my friends are all doing photo-a-day projects. My sister has completed one year with only eight misses, and is starting her second year. Although I do enjoy taking pictures, I am not particularly good at it, nor do I understand any of that camera language of ISO's and shutter speeds. I also am seldom in possession of a camera, since it's usually with my sister. Of course it is hers. All this is to say that I am not going to do a photo-a-day contest.

However, I enjoy writing. One day I thought, "Hmm, what if I wrote a poem everyday for a year?" So this is the project that I am embarking on. A poem a day keeps the boredom at bay. 365 poems. I'm sure they'll be lovely.

It is much easier to snap a photo than to write a poem. But then again, I'm not going to put any qualifications on my poetry, so it may be easier to dash off a few rhyming lines before bed than to grab a camera and snaps some photos. Also, as long as I have a pen and paper (or at least a good memory) I can write a poem anytime.

Dad was just saying to me that if I was going to be the next Dr. Seuss I would need to amass more poems. So by the end of a year I should have 365 of them. Since I wrote a poem yesterday, that can count as my starting date. This should be interesting. 

My second poem. Here it goes...

The Past
By Melody Beerbower, January 10, 2013

When people reflect on their pasts
They generally conclude
It never lasts.


Aaaaaa, let me try again.

Plans
By Melody Beerbower, January 10, 2013

Yesterday I planed to do
What I didn't get done today,
But I figure I'd just put it off
Till tomorrow anyway.


I shall leave it at that and bid you a fond farewell.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!