Pages

Labels

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wright Wrote 'Rite' Right


 Wright Wrote 'Rite' Right
By Melody Beerbower, January 9, 2013

Wright tried to write 'rite' right,
But the 'rite' Wight wrote was wrong.
Wright righted his writing, but realized
While reading and riding,
That even with the righting of his writing was wrong.
Wright tumbled while riding and righting his writing
So before Wight's right mind could feel bereft,
Wright righted himself and wrote 'write' right,
And having written 'rite' right,
Wright left.



Hopefully you enjoyed that. I could ask you here to comment the best play on words you have heard, but I'm not that stupid to reveal once and for all that no one actually reads my blog...

Besides, don't you always feel sort of sorry for those people who ask questions like that, obviously hoping that many people will respond...and no one ever does?

I shall leave you with this (also made up on the spot):
Where is the cheapest place to drive?


Look for the answer in the comments.




 

4 comments:

  1. The answer is... The Freeway. Free-way, get it? It's FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure whether to groan, cry, or congratulate you for calling it by one of it's proper names, that is, the freeway. By the way, I like the poem and your long introduction. It sounds very you and it was rather amusing to read. It was also strange, because I found myself agreeing with most everything you said.

    Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with most everything you said, and it was very amusing, but if you are going to write plays on words, you ought to learn the proper wording, spelling, and grammar. The more things you know, the more fun you can have. And I don't agree that people say fantasgeat. I can't even imagine what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I should proofread before I hit 'post'.
    I'm glad to provide amusement.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!