Pages

Labels

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

As promised here is a post containing all my verses to the song "Do Your Ears Hang Low?".  I do not know where this song came from or who wrote it.  Dad used to sing it, and that is how I first learned it.  If you have never sung "Do Your Ears Hang Low?", you are missing out.  It is a song to be sung loud and fast. 

Here is a video for all of you poor people who have not had the pleasure of ever hearing this song:

After that you may be wishing you could tie your ears in a knot.


Here are my additional verses:


Do your ears grow big?
Are they fat as a pig?
Can you wear them as a hat?
Can you wear them as a wig?
Can you use them as an umbrella
When you're dancing with your fella?
Do your ears grow big?

Do your ears grow short?
Do they wiggle when you snort?
Can you use them as a racket
In a tennis ball court?
Can you use them to swat a fly?
Do they grow bigger when you lie?
Do your ears grow short?

Do your ears grow tall?
Do they make you trip and fall?
Can you use them as a bat?
Can you use them as a ball?
Can you use them to pick an apple
Off the steeple of a chapel?
Do your ears grow tall?


Then I got more creative with my verses:

How I love ice cream!
It tastes like a dream.
If you eat too much of it
You won't be very lean.
It is creamy, and it's sweet.
Oh, what a treat -
To eat ice cream.

Oh, messy hair,
Looks like a grizzly bear.
Your brush is the claws
With which you rip and tear
Out all the snarls
And wipe away the sorrows
Of messy hair.




Now for my favorites:

These next two happen to be my younger brothers' favorites. Actually, most kids under the age of ten find them quite funny.  :)

I went to a fair
And met a grizzly bear.
I said I'd have a race with him
If he played fair.
I thought he was my friend
Until he bit my rear end.
Never trust a bear!

I can't stand that cat.
He is very, very fat!
I'll chase him 'round the yard
With a baseball bat!
If he doesn't get much thinner,
I will chop him up for dinner.
I can't stand that cat!
  

This one is my mom's favorite.  You can guess why.  Just think of how many children she has, three of which are boys...

Would you go take a shower?
You are smelling rather sour.
I've had to endure you
For the last half hour.
When you first walked by,
I thought I would die!
Would you go take a shower?

Here is one final one to sum it all up:

Here the bells ring strong.
They are chiming out a song.
They describe you very well
When they go ding dong!
Well, I guess I'd better be going
For your anger is now showing.
Goodbye, so long!

~Melody

1 comment:

  1. You must have written one of those verses after a certain someone removed his boots upon arriving home from work in July. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!