Pages

Labels

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Little More Christmas Cheer

It is hard to find the time to post things when eight other people need (or want) to use the computer.  Since most of the people are older than I, or going to do something more important (school) I usually have to yield my spot.

This next song I am posting now, before Christmas gets to far away and I feel guilty posting a 'Christmasy' song.

Ring Those Bells
By Melody Beerbower, Nov. 18, 2011
Tune: Jingle Bells

I stand outside the store,
A Santa hat on my head.
A bucket hangs beside me
Painted cherry red.
I ring my little bell,
Hoping someone stops,
And instead of giving dirty looks
Some money in my bucket drops.


Oh, ring the bells, ring the bells
Ring them all day long.
You may think that it's easy standing here,
But the wind it very strong.
Oh, ring the bells, ring the bells,
Ring them all the day.
I wish I had a big fur coat
And drove a shining sleigh.


My ears are growing numb.
I cannot feel my toes.
No one has a dime to spare,
And the store's about to close.
Next time I'll wait in the front,
And stand on that cement,
Because by the time the people exit
Their money has been spent.


Oh, ring those bells, ring those bells,
Ring them all day long
I hope you give me some money
When you hear my little song.
Oh, ring those bells, ring those bells,
I've got one more thing to say,
I wish you Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Years Day!

It hasn't even snowed yet, so I think I'm safe posting this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!