Pages

Labels

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Impossible Note

On New Year's Day our church had a variety show.  People did a variety of shows, most of which were funny.  In it was the first public performance of one of my songs!  My brother sang it high and he sang it proud.  I may have to employ him for further performance of my songs.  Thankfully this momentous occasion was recorded, but I shall not post a video because he would not be pleased, to say the least.

In case you ever want to sing this inspiring song, here are the lyrics:
(Just give the credit where it's due, and no public performances :)


The Impossible note

By Melody Beerbower, March 27, 2011
To the tune of: The Impossible Dream (From Man of La'Mancha)
To sing the unsingable song
To croon that tricky refrain
To try again and again 
Till someone stands up to complain!
To hum the unhumable tune
To sing all the things people wrote
To try, no matter how high it’s written,
To reach the reachable note!

This is my quest to hit that high note
No matter cost it is to my throat.
To fight for the sound,
That is pleasing to hear,
Not like a dying cow,
Bellowing in your ear!
And I know, if I’ll only be true
To this glorious quest
That the song will be lovely, and pure,
When I give it my best.


And the world will be better for this,
If my time to this task I devote,
And strive with my last ounce of breath
To reach that unreachable note!


Hope you enjoyed that.  It gives a good excuse for singing loudly and slightly off tune.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!