Pages

Labels

Sunday, January 8, 2012

God of the Universe

By this time some of you may be wondering if I ever write anything serious.  I do, but very seldom.  This is one of my favorite serious songs I've written, although I think I've only written about three. :)


Many of these words are close to the original.  I really enjoyed this tune and wanted to rewrite the words to it the first time I heard it. The more verses there are, the longer you can sing the song without repeating words :) I really put this into practice with "Do Your Ears Hang Low?".  (I have a good 10 verses to that tune, but that's for another post.)


Here are the original words to the song "Learn to be lonely":



Here are my words:

God of the Universe
By Melody Beerbower, March 7, 2011
Tune: "Learn to be Lonely" from Phantom of the Opera


God of the universe,
Perfect in holiness,
You are pure light,
And in You there is no darkness.


You're always there for me,
Comfort and care for me.
You are my father,
And you are my one companion.


I once lived all for the world,
But You called me to You.
I gave You my heart. It is Thy throne.


So, cleans me from sinfulness
And all unrighteousness.
Make Thou me holy.
Teach me to live a life that is Yours alone.

I hope everyone had a good and profitable Sunday.
~Melody

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think!