Pages

Labels

Friday, January 13, 2012

King of the Coop


This is Roman.                                                                                 Roman is a Rooster.
      
Roosters do not lay eggs.  Here are some eggs not lain by Roman:



Roman is mean.  He likes to attack people.  My youngest sister use to be afraid to go outside near him.  "Cock-a-doo not bite me," she would say.

I am some what afraid of him, although he has never attacked me- yet.

Here is a poem I wrote about Roman:




King of the Coop
By Melody Beerbower
Dedicated to our rooster Roman, October 14, 2011

The rooster is the king of the coop.
He rules it with beak and claw.
He struts around,
Tail in the air
Demanding respect from all

The rooster is the ruler of the roost.
He sits upon it with great pride,
Sleeping there
From dusk till dawn
His faithful hens by his side.

The rooster is king of the Cock-a-doodle-do.
He calls it all day long.
So vain because
He knows no hen
Can sing his stately song. 

Hail to the king of the coop!
To the Rooster with bright red crown!
I respect your beak
And your long, sharp claws
And keep my distance whenever you’re around.

For the rooster is also king of the yard,
Or wherever he may be,
So Roman
In every way
That he frightens even me.


(These are hens. They lay the eggs. I have not written a poem about them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!